If you’ve heard about darknet markets, you have heard about the Silk Road. From the original Silk Road, which was basically the forefather of the current online black market, to the Silk Road 2, and now Silk Road 3.0 and Silk Road Reloaded, the name has become synonymous with buying drugs on the net.
And that was possibly the downfall of the first and second version. They were so well known and popular, it put a huge bullseye on their back for the law enforcement agencies determined to shut them down.
I’m going to walk you through step-by-step as I set up Tor and my VPN, create an account at Silk Road 3.0, and browse through a market that includes everything from hard drugs, weapons, to access to porn sites.
Note: The Silk Road 3.0 has undergone a massive security upgrade and modified design. The Silk Road 3.0 came back online around the 7th May 2016 after a bit of downtime for these upgrades. This shows how committed the team behind Silk Road are to providing one of the safest and secure darknet markets out there, this downtime would have cost them millions but they did it anyway. This guide Silk Road 3 guide has been updated to cover the new site. Since re-launching, the site has been getting TONS of traffic so have patience when trying to access it because the servers are betting hammered at the moment.
I will also mention certain software tools and methods of doing things in this guide to maximize your anonymity. While navigating your way around the Deep Web and any Darknet Marketplace you should take every precaution you can to keep you internet usage and identity anonymous. Make no mistake about it, ISP’s and government agencies are watching and trying to find you so don’t make it easy for them.
I also want to note that I do not, in any way, encourage you to buy or sell anything illegal on this site, this guide is just so you can cure your curiosity about Silk Road 3.0 and see it for yourself. If you buy or sell illegal items or substances on these such sites it can lead to imprisonment or even bodily harm, be careful and be anonymous.
Ready? Then let’s get started.
The Tools You’ll Need
- START USING A VPN (Virtual Private Network) whenever you use the internet OR Tor. This site I found here reviews the best VPN’s on the market for Tor. Every computer has what is called an IP address which is broadcast every time you are on the net. This IP address can be traced directly back to your physical location meaning you can be found. You need to use a VPN with Tor to fully hide your identity and location from your ISP and the feds. When you use your VPN and then Tor, your ISP and law enforcement cannot tell you are using Tor and they can’t tell you are on Silk Road 3.0. Without using the VPN then they can tell you are using Tor and then start to log your internet usage and monitor everything that you do. You should really start using a VPN whenever you connect to the net, as your connection will be fully encrypted and hack proof. The government is starting to monitor everything now and they are even starting to subpoena forums such as Reddit for user information that are talking about drugs. If you use a VPN while online then you can fly under the radar and be anonymous, even when downloading your favorite movie or song. In my opinion, this is a must have software tool if you want to be on Silk Road 3.0 or any other Darknet Market.
==> Click here to find the best VPN’s and become anonymous <==
- Close all programs that are running and accessing the internet. This is to prevent a DNS leak. This includes Skype, Dropbox etc.
- Start your VPN app.
- Now we are going to need Tor browser, also known as “the onion browser”. Not only will this bad boy help us stay relatively safe and anonymous during our trip, it’s the only way to access the “onion” url addresses used by darknet markets – including the Silk Road 3.0 – period. Trying these addresses in any other browser will not work. Here’s the link where you can download the Tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
- Anyways, now you’ve (hopefully) got Tor and a VPN installed. You can either leave the “Run the Tor browser” box checked and have it boot up automatically, or you can find the shortcut on your desktop/Start menu and launch it from there.
- We’ll be connecting with the default settings. Give it a minute or two to configure the first time around.
How to Access the Silk Road 3.0
Okay, so now we’re in the Tor browser.
- The next step will be to access the site itself. The Silk Road 3.0 onion url is just here: http://silkroad7rn2puhj.onion/ . Remember, the link won’t go anywhere if you’re not using the Tor browser.
- Anyways, the first thing you’ll see is a white screen with “continue”. OR a captcha page. If it is the “continue” page then go ahead and click ‘continue’, if it is the captcha then just enter in the captcha code and clicck “submit”.
- You will then get to the “login” screen with the Silk Road’s signature camel rider logo. Who would have guessed this would be what an online portal to a marketplace filled with hard drugs looks like?If you have an old account then you login.
- Once you’ve gotten past your feelings of astonishment, we’ll need to register for an account, if you don’t already have one. See that little button that says ‘register’ in the top of the page? Yeah, that one. Click it.
- Now, I’ll enter in a username. DON’T USE ANY USERNAME THAT CAN BE LINKED TO YOU! Make sure to use a brand new username that you have never used before that has nothing to do with anything about you. This is one of the easiest ways to compromise your anonymity and give up your identity. You can only use letters and numbers here.
- Now for a password. But I’m not telling you that part, of course. The same rules as above apply. You can use any characters on a keyboard, you are not restricted to just letter and numbers.
- Now repeat it.
- Now make a “Pincode”. You can use any characters on a keyboard, you are not restricted to just letter and numbers.
- Now pick your currency. Even though you will be paying for goods in Bitcoin, by entering your currency here you will see the prices also in you own currency so you don’t have to work it out all of the time.
- Now enter the capture
- Click “Register”
- Your in
What You’ll Find on the Silk Road
We’re here. The first thing you’ll see is a notification letting you know your account has successfully been created. By default you are taken to the “messages” screen.
From the top menu you can go to the home screen with all the drug listings, check your messages, check your current orders, check your bitcoin balance, read news, look at your activity, lodge a support ticket, read the forums, check your settings, and logout. We will click on “home” in the top menu bar and check out some goods for sale.
Scrolling down, I see a search feature and plenty of filters to help find exactly what I’m looking for. The categories are actually really well organized, with everything from every type of Cannabis/Weed, psychedelics, opioids, ecstasy, benzos, dissociatives, prescription drugs, stimulants broken down into smaller subcategories, like DMT, heroin, and cocaine.
Finding your drug of choice has never been easier. If I scroll past the search function, I see a list of products currently highlighted as ‘best sellers’, like weed, hash, ecstasy, and even “ex-gf” porn passes. Each listing includes a picture, price, vendor name, and what country(s) it ships from and to.
I click on a listing for weed, which brings up another page that shows a larger picture and all kinds of info on price, vendor, shipping, payments, and everything else. There’s also reviews for the vendor and a place to ask the vendor a question, as well as a list of questions they’ve received and answered recently from other prospective buyers.You will also have a large section for the description and details of the product.
Unless the product is out of stock, they will have a place to enter your order information on this page. You’ll enter your quantity, payment type (it seems only bitcoins are accepted at this time), shipping address, shipping option, and any additional notes you’d like to include for the seller.
You can also click on the seller’s name to find out additional information about their reputation, read reviews, etc. This seller seems to have a pretty solid track record, but there are of course others who have little to no feedback so far.
As I poke around the site a bit more, I come across the ‘Others’ section. Here I find guns, like a Glock. And of course, the definitive guide to growing marijuana.
It feels a little weird to be honest, browsing through all these different drugs, all of the free porn accounts and other illegal items like I’d shop for used DVDs on eBay. With the darknet markets, everything from cocaine to counterfeit money is literally just a few mouse clicks away.
You Now Need Bitcoin
I found a site that has instructions on how to buy bitcoin, use bitcoin, sell bitcoin, set up a bitcoin wallet, tumble your bitcoins, they do a pretty good job explaining things and they have a link to get $10 free on your first purchase. http://totalbitcoin.org/guide-on-how-to-buy-bitcoin/
Buying From Silk Road 3
For those of you now wanting to buy goods or services from Silk Road 3 you can follow the guide here. We have made a new complete step by step guide for buying from the Silk Road 3, with everything you need to know including: what to look for, what to do, what NOT TO DO, and tips on how to avoid scams. If you are even contemplating buying anything from SR3 then you should definitely read this.
For those of you guys and gals looking for Porn on Darknetmarkets I have stumbled across an awesome app that you can download or stream free HD porn to your computer or mobile device. It is called Porn Time. If you have heard of Popcorn Time then it is the same idea and same platform as the same developers that made Popcorn Time made Porn Time. It is awesome. You can check out and download PornTime here: http://www.downloadporntime.com/
Anyways, that’s enough snooping for today. I think I’ve seen all I need to see. But feel free to continue on without me.
The Silk Road Lives On
With the rise of other darknet markets like Agora and AlphaBay, Silk Road 3.0 hasn’t managed to reach quite the same level of popularity as the earlier versions. But the fact that it’s simply up and running after a few months of downtime seems to prove that the Silk Road name is here to stay, whether it’s Silk Road 1, 3.0, or 20.
Whether that’s a good or bad thing is up for you to decide. Either way, the more options there are when it comes to darknet markets, the better it is for consumers. And the worse it is for law enforcement, of course.
Since you are getting onto the whole Deep Web scene you will want to bookmark this site or subscribe on the right so you will always keep up to date with the latest news on the Silk Road 3. If you are looking for the latest news on the darknet markets then I would suggest you check out http://darkwebnews.com as they have a live status on all of the darknet markets, have heaps of user guides and have a massive darknet market list with all of the access details.
A good thing for anyone to do before deciding on obtaining Bitcoin or purchasing anything with it is to familiarize themselves with the concept of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. While there are huge amounts of data on Bitcoin all around the internet which can be overwhelming to someone, it is still advisable to at least learn of the basics of Bitcoin transactions.
The first thing to learn about Bitcoin is that every transaction made can be traced through what is known as a blockchain. Think of it as a big ledger where all Bitcoin transaction information is stored and readily accessible by anybody. This means that it can be quite hard to sever the connection between your identity and Bitcoin. Another thing to note that Bitcoin as a currency is quite volatile, which means it changes its value quickly and frequently. For this reason it is always advisable to obtain a little more Bitcoin than what you need, in case its value drops sharply.
Lastly, you should know that the way to store your Bitcoin is in the so called Bitcoin wallets. These wallets are a piece of software that in many ways works the same as your ordinary physical wallet. The main difference is that there is very little to no personal information needed to create a Bitcoin wallet, thus making it hard to tie the wallet to the owner. When creating a wallet make sure that what little information you have to provide cannot be in any way linked back to you and always make sure that the seed or the “passphrase” of your wallet is kept secure and that you do not lose it, as doing that will mean that your wallet becomes inaccessible.
The first information mentioned, the fact that Bitcoin transactions can be traced through blockchain and pinned to the owner no matter how many times they change wallets is the one of most concern to people wanting to buy off Silk Road 3.0. The best practice here is not to try to sever your connection to Bitcoin but rather to never create it in the first place. While there are many sites that offer service of exchanging USD for Bitcoin, most of them require you to perform a bank transfer of the money, which can in turn be used to trace the Bitcoin to you. One of the safest ways to obtain Bitcoin, anonymity-wise, is by using a service called LocalBitcoins.com. They are a site that holds a database of Bitcoin sellers, filtered by country and allow the potential buyer to get in contact with a seller in their vicinity. After creating the arrangements, the seller and the buyer can meet in person and exchange Bitcoin for physical cash, which leaves no evidence of Bitcoin changing ownership. Make sure that the meeting takes place in a crowded area, possibly covered by security cameras to prevent somebody from scamming or robbing you.
For those who are not concerned for privacy to the highest extent there are a number of ways to obtain Bitcoin, mainly through sites and services like BitStamp, CoinBase and BTC-E. Other alternatives include using sites like Craiglist to find a potential buyer or even mining Bitcoin yourself, although it is not advisable, due to how inefficient the process is.
After obtaining your Bitcoin, you have the option of using a Bitcoin tumbling service in case you are extra-paranoid and want to be absolutely sure that nobody will trace the Bitcoin to you. In short, tumbling your Bitcoin is a process similar to money laundering and requires two wallets, one to send Bitcoin from and into the tumbler and another to receive Bitcoin into. One of the most well-reputed tumbling services on deep web is Grams Helix, which for a small fee is said to do the best work of tumbling your Bitcoin. Since many tumbling services have proven to be a scam or just perform their work poorly, it is always advisable to check the blockchain after tumbling to make sure you have not been scammed. Use sites like https://blockchainbdgpzk.onion/taint/yourbitcoinaddres (replace “yourbitcoinaddress” with an actual Bitcoin address from your output wallet) to check if tumbling was performed properly.
You can then go on to send your Bitcoin to your darknet spending account. When purchasing something from a Silk Road 3.0, always deposit the minimum amount you need to make the purchase and never have any excess funds in Silk Road 3.0 market wallet. This will protect your funds from exit-scams and potential hackers looking to relieve users of their Bitcoin.